Submissions are open all year round for MOTELX. The deadline for each year’s edition is 15 June
Fill the online submission form.
Send us a link for online screening or send a screener to:
Att: Pedro Souto
CTLX / MOTELX Submissions
R. Filipe Folque, 30, 6B
1050-113 Lisboa – Portugal
When shipping from outside the EU, please mention “no commercial value – for cultural purposes only”.
(N.B.: This address is strictly for correspondence.)
Screeners sent by email should be burned into DVD on the DVD-Video format or on a common digital format such as .mov or .mp4 with the H.264 codec.3)
The reception of the screener will be acknowledged, to the email address written on the submission form, as far as possible, in a term no longer than two weeks.
You don’t need to send anything else. If your film is selected you will be asked for all required material.
The deadline for a film to be considered for that year’s edition is 15 June
. Submissions posted or received after that date can only be considered for the next year’s edition.
Read the regulations before submitting your films.
. Room Service
- Main Official Section dedicated to feature films. *
. MOTELX Award - Best European Horror Feature Film / Méliès d'Argent
– European features or co-productions with a majority of European participation.
. Doc Horror
- Documentaries about horror films or related themes.
- Masters of horror or lesser-know cult figures.
. Special Screenings
- Anniversaries, restored prints, TV series.
. Lost Room
- A journey into the history of Portuguese genre film.
. MOTELX Award - Best Portuguese Horror Short Film / Méliès d'Argent
– Portuguese short films or co-productions
with a majority of Portuguese participation *
. International Shorts
- Short films not produced in Portugal or Portuguese ones out of
. Big Bad Wolf
- Special programme for younger audiences.
* Films produced in the year of the edition to which the film is submitted to and on the two previous years. Example: for the 2016 edition can be submitted films produced after 01/01/2014.