Submissions are open all year round for MOTELX. The deadline for each year’s edition is 15 June.
1) Fill the online submission form available on the top of this page.
2) Send us a link for online screening.
3) The reception of the screener will be acknowledged, to the email address written on the submission form, as far as possible, in a term no longer than two weeks.
4) You don’t need to send anything else. If your film is selected you will be asked for all required material.
5) The deadline for a film to be considered for that year’s edition is 15 June. Submissions posted or received after that date can only be considered for the next year’s edition.
6) Read the regulations, available on the top of this page, before submitting your film.
a) MOTELX Award - Best European Horror Feature Film / Méliès d’Argent; *
b) Room Service (Official Selection - Feature films); *
c) Doc Horror (Documentaries about horror films or related themes); *
d) Retrospectives (Masters of horror and other cult figures);
e) Special Screenings (Anniversaries, restored prints, TV series);
f) Lost Room (A journey into the history of Portuguese genre film);
g) MOTELX Award - Best Portuguese Horror Short Film / Méliès d’Argent (Portuguese short
films, up to 15 minutes, including co-productions with a majority of Portuguese participation); **
h) International Shorts (Short films, up to 59 minutes, not produced in Portugal or Portuguese ones out of
i) microSHORTS (Portuguese shorts, up to 2 minutes, filmed with a mobile phone or tablet); *
j) Big Bad Wolf (Special programme for younger audiences).
* Films produced in the year of the edition to which the film is submitted and in the previous year.
** Films produced in the year of the edition to which the film is submitted and in the two previous years.